Several years ago, we posted an article on this blog in response to a number of people experiencing problems with the Philips Crystal Fax Machine. Due to a sudden resurgence of this problem, we have decided to repost it.
The following is a step by step guide on how to update your machine’s firmware to v4.02. This update should fix any problems the machine may have in recognising cards.
DISCLAIMER: This advice is for guidance only. A firmware update can render your machine inoperable if not performed correctly. If you are in any doubt, contact Philips Technical Support or use a qualified technician to perform the upgrade. Ink & Media Ltd can not accept any liability for damage caused to your equipment.
To Update the Philips Crystal Fax Machine firmware to version 4.02:
1. Go to “www.sagem.com/support”
2. Choose your country
3. Select your machine.
4. Select your product (Crystal 650/660)
5. Click on Driver/Software
6. Right-click on Fiirmware Crystal 650/660, version 4.02 and “Save As” onto your hard drive, where you can find it.
7. The file has a .FWF extension and you probably cannot open it.
8. Connect your machine to the PC, load the new cartridge and insert the card.
9. From Companion Suite IH, open Companion update device, browse and insert the file you saved. Click the upload button.
10 When the upload is complete, you will see on the printer screen ” Card Checked”. Withdraw the card.
The cartridge is now activated.
We hope this has resolved the problem for you. If not, please contact Philips Technical Support.